The purpose of this course is to provide delegates with a detailed knowledge of financial mathematics as well as the principles of town planning. Delegates will also learn about the general principles of taxation and the various ownership structures that may be utilised when investing in property. The significance of the property cash flow will be discussed as well as the various property investment benchmarks, including the cost of capital. Delegates will also learn how to value various types of property and be able to discuss topics such as property law with confidence and authority.
After completing this course, delegates will be able to:
- Apply the principles of financial mathematics to a property investment
- Apply the principles of town planning to undertake and complete a feasibility study
- Apply the principles of property taxation to a property investment
- Calculate the cash flow from a property investment
- Explain the various ownership structures that can be utilised when investing in property
- Determine the advantages and disadvantages of each ownership structure when planning a property investment strategy
- Calculate the various property benchmarks
- Undertake the valuation of various types of properties
Module 1: 5, 6, 7 February 2020
Module 2: 2, 3, 4 March 2020
NB: This course has also been approved by the EAAB for RPL credits towards the FETC: Real Estate.